1. How long before my wedding should I order my dress?
When to begin looking for your wedding gown is entirely up to you. Most brides don’t begin the search until a year to nine months before the wedding, but if you’ve got more time, there’s no reason you can’t use it. You should try and order your wedding dress 8 months before your big day to ensure that your dress can be delivered on time. Don’t panic if you’ve left it go past the 8 month mark, some of our designers will offer a “rush” order service for a fee. Call us and we can discuss which designers may be of interest to you.
2. When are my measurements taken?
We take your measurements on the day that you order your dress. Don’t order a size smaller than you are. If you’re planning on dropping a few pounds before your wedding, your body type isn’t going to completely change. Besides, it’s a lot easier (not to mention less expensive) to take a gown in than to try and make a too-small dress work.
3. What price range are your dresses?
We have a wide range of dresses to suit every bride’s budget. Our dresses generally range from €900-€3,500. We will ask you for your dress budget when you make your first appointment and we will pick the best selection of dresses to suit you and within your price range.
5. How many people should I bring?
It’s always good to get a valued second opinion on your dress from your mother/sister/friend. We recommend you bring no more than three adults with you, too many opinions can be very overwhelming for you! We do ask that you do not bring children to the appointment.
6. Do I need an appointment?
Yes, you can call our shop at (091) 755139 or fill out our online appointment form . We are open 7 days a week. Our opening hours are: Mon-Fri: 10:00am – 5:30pm, Sat: 9:30am – 5:30pm, Sun: 12:30pm – 5:00pm. We allocate 90 min appointments to our first-time brides, it is of upmost importance to us that the bride feels comfortable and can take her time to try on different styles of gowns.
7. How can I purchase my gown?
A 50% deposit is paid on the day and the remaining 50% is due when your dress arrives in, typically 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding day. If time permits, an instalment/payment plan can be operated- with monthly or weekly payments to suit the bride.
8. Can I take photos of the dress?
Sorry we do not allow photos in Belladonna. There are many reasons for this but most importantly the dress won’t fit you perfectly so an image isn’t a great reminder- focus on how the dress made you feel. You can view images of all our dresses at www.belladonnagalway.com
9. Can I buy dresses online?
We sell our sale sample dresses and will ship to Ireland and overseas. To view these dresses, visit the sale section of our website. Sample sale dresses start from €200.
And just a couple of tips for your wedding dress fitting:
1. Research! Look at our website before your appointment and have a good idea of the designers and styles you like beforehand. It will save you time in your appointment.
2. Prepare your body and avoid fake tan as you don’t want it to rub off on the dress you’re trying on. Please do not wear excessive make-up.
3. Bring Extras. Either wear or bring a multi-way strap bra with you. This will be a saving grace when you try on a few different styles. It would be difficult to envision a look when two rosy red straps are sticking out.
4. Bring a notebook and write down a brief description, price and how you feel about it out of ten. So you may have an excellent idea of what you may want the next day but your mind won’t be as clear the month after.
5. Know the price range. Don’t even try on a dress that is above your budget. Ask the sales person to show you the dresses within your price range. It leads to heartbreak or could bankrupt you before you even have the wedding!