1. Marquees are ideal for an Irish summer, guests can shade if it gets a little too warm or (more likely!) take shelter if there’s rain.
2. Serve refreshing beverages such as frozen cocktails or have a homemade lemonade stand for a real summery and retro feel.
3. If you’re having an outdoors wedding, light lots of Citronella candles to keep the nasty bugs away!
4. Supply flip-flops for your guests and they can ditch the heels and have a dance! They’ll thank you for it!
5. Dress your bridesmaids in pastels to create a light, summery air. Choose different pastel colours for the wow-factor!
6. Consider serving lighter food than the traditional wedding food: salads, berry based desserts even a BBQ!
7. Opt for light wedding dress fabric that can breathe, such as silk. Tea-length dresses are perfect for a summer’s day wedding
8. Plan your pics; don’t take your wedding pictures at noon or too close to noon, the sun will be directly overhead and cause unflattering shadows.